Getting Your Home Ready
May 22, 2019
Getting your home ready for sale can be tough, to break away from something you’ve become so attached to. In order to get your home sold in a timely manner, it’s important to take emotions out of the equation and imagine yourself as the buyer.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO PREPARE YOUR HOUSE FOR SALE
While it might not sound appealing to spend money on your home right before you sell, it is not uncommon for basic improvements to more than pay for themselves. Minor fix-ups as painting, resurfacing a cracked driveway or replacing worn carpeting will attract more potential buyers, increase the selling price, and shorten the time it takes to sell your home. Always remember, the easier it is for buyers to see your house in move-in condition, the easier it is for them to choose it over other properties.
In order to obtain the highest price possible for your home with the right buyers and achieve a sale in the shortest amount of time, it is imperative that you get your house in the best showing condition possible.
HOW TO GET YOUR HOUSE READY FOR THE MARKET
- Tour your home; pretend you’re the buyer and be critical
- Start outside and work inside, covering every inch
- Make a list of items that need attention
- Paint, Carpet.
Buyers usually decide within two minutes whether your house appeals to them. The first impression is often the lasting one. My job as your trusted listing agent is to do everything possible to create a good first impression, so buyers can see the true value of your home.
More ideas of what to do to prepare your home to sell;
- Clean and trim yard hedges and garden
- Clean sidewalks and driveway
- Open shades and curtains
- Lights! Lights! Lights!
- Confine pets
- Turn off radio and T.V. or set to easy listening on low volume
- Put away everyday clutter, clear your kitchen counter-top!
- Lay rugs properly for safety reasons
- Make beds and straighten closets
- Clean kitchen until it sparkles, empty dishwasher, and wash dishtowels
- Make sure stairways are properly lighted and free of clutter
- Clean windows
- Clean fireplace
- Clean laundry area, garage, and work areas
- Clean furnace and water heater
- Make sure all locks are in working order
- Repair faucets, switches, doorknobs, and handrails
This is a case in life where a little extra spent now will produce generous rewards later! Not to mention a shorter time-frame on the market!
Note: Mentally prepare yourself for your home to be sold! Start looking at new properties of interest and making a short list. A fresh start will help you stay focused and to make the necessary preparations FOR SALE!